Avocado Breakfast Pudding
If you’re a fan of avocado, you’ll be jumping out of bed for this creamy avocado breakfast pudding!
According to the Department of Health in Australia, breakfast is an important meal for several reasons — not only can it help to ensure you’re consuming enough nutrients throughout the day, eating a healthy breakfast will keep you feeling satisfied and less likely to reach for convenient, and often less nutritious snacks.
Choosing nutrient-dense quick and easy breakfast options can help you stay on track with your healthy eating goals, especially if you have a busy lifestyle — which is what makes this avocado breakfast pudding perfect.
This recipe is quick, versatile, and most importantly, delicious! So if you're bored of breakfast smoothies or you're simply looking for a new way to use avocados in the kitchen, this dish is for you.
10-minute avocado breakfast pudding
Avocados can be enjoyed in many different ways and are packed with tons of health benefits. Dietitians Australia recommend avocados in moderation as a good source of antioxidants, fibre and healthy fats.
For this avocado breakfast pudding, all you'll need is a blender, a few simple ingredients, and just 10 minutes of your time.
Total time: 10 minutes
- 1 avocado
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 banana
- 1/2 tbsp organic honey
1. In a blender, add the ingredients and blend until thick and smooth (the mixture should coat the back of a spoon)
2. Serve in a small glass or bowl and enjoy with a spoon
- To change the flavour, try adding any of the following to the base recipe: Spinach, kale, green apples, berries, cocoa powder, or protein powder
- For sweetness: Add pure maple syrup or agave nectar to taste.
- To avoid wastage, freeze the other half of the banana for smoothies or banana nice cream.
- Milk alternatives: You can use any milk you desire, such as almond milk, coconut milk, or soy milk to add thickness. If you prefer regular milk, just be sure to use a little more banana to reach desired thickness.
- If using protein powder or cocoa powder, add extra milk to reach desired consistency.
- Add granola, chia seeds or coconut flakes for some added texture!
Start your day with this avocado breakfast pudding
If you want to amp up the nutrients or the protein content in this avocado breakfast pudding, simply include some of the greens mentioned above!
Remember, if you have a busy day ahead, preparing your meals or ingredients in advance can help to save you time and avoid stress.
What are your favourite ways to enjoy avocados? Let us know in the comments!
* Disclaimer: This blog post is not intended to replace the advice of a medical professional. The above information should not be used to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before making any changes to your diet, sleep methods, daily activity, or fitness routine. Sweat assumes no responsibility for any personal injury or damage sustained by any recommendations, opinions, or advice given in this article.