Avocado Breakfast Pudding
Avocado Breakfast Pudding
Shake up your morning with my creamy, rich, and delcious Avocado Pudding!
If there's one thing I've learned from developing a healthier lifestyle, it is that breakfast really is the most important meal of the day. I used to ALWAYS skip breakfast. Not because I didn't like it, but because I never had time in the morning. When I first started exercising on a regular basis, I started slowly and made it my goal to eat breakfast at least 3 times a week. When I started to doing that, I noticed some serious benefits. I experienced higher energy levels, better portion control and a faster metabolism, all from simply eating breakfast. Now, I just can't start my day without having a nutritious breakfast first thing in the morning - remember small steps lead to big change!
That being said, I don't always have time to cook a big meal and if I just have a piece of fruit, it's definitely not enough to keep my hunger at bay until lunchtime. That's why I came up with the perfect solution: Avocado Breakfast Pudding. It's simple, quick, versatile, and most importantly, delicious! Avocados are one of my all time favorite foods and whether I'm cooking breakfast, lunch, or dinner, I absolutely love incorporating them into my meals in different of ways. In case you didn't know already know, avocados packed with tons of healthy fats + vitamins and have a ton of health benefits! So if you're bored of breakfast smoothies or your simply looking for a new way to use avocados in the kitchen, I've got your back.
For my Avocado Breakfast Pudding, all you're going to need is a blender, a few simple ingredients, and just 10 minutes of your time. See the recipe below:
Total Time: 10 Minutes
Serving Size: 1 Serving
- 1 Avocado
- 1 cup Coconut Milk
- 1/2 Banana
- 1/2 TBS Organic Honey
1. In a blender, add the ingredients and blend until thick and smooth (should coat the back of a spoon)
2. Serve in a small glass or bowl and enjoy with a spoon
- To change the flavor profile, try adding any of the following to the base recipe: Spinach, Kale, Green Apples, Berries, Cocoa Powder, or Protein Powder
- If you want it to be sweeter: Add Organic Palm Sugar or Agave Nectar to taste.
- Don't waste the other half of the banana, freeze second half so you can use it for other smoothies!
- You can use any milk you desire, Almond Milk, Coconut Milk, or Soy Milk add thickness, but if you prefer regular milk or skim, just be sure to use a little bit more banana to reach desired thickness.
- If you decide to add protein powder or cocoa powder, but sure to add a little bit of extra milk to reach desired consistency.
- Add granola, chia seeds or coconut flakes for some added texture!
There you have it - the easiest Avocado Pudding of all time! If you want to amp up the nutrients or the protein content, simply add in some of the greens mentioned above! I would absolutely love to hear what you guys think and if you decide to try it please tag me on Instagram @erikacweiss & let me know what you think!