Dreamy Peaches And Vanilla Nice Cream
Dreamy Peaches And Vanilla Nice Cream
Part of living a healthy lifestyle means eating wholesome, nutritious food and cutting back on sugar. This doesn’t mean that you should avoid desserts altogether though! If you have a sweet tooth, try looking for healthier versions of your favourite desserts, like this nice cream recipe. It is so much easier to maintain a healthy lifestyle when you enjoy the food you are eating — and don’t feel like you are restricting yourself.
By being aware of more nutritious options for foods like ice cream, chocolate or banana bread, you can then still enjoy something sweet while maintaining a healthy lifestyle. As you discover more healthy dessert recipes, you can build up a bank of them to easily refer to whenever you're in the mood for dessert.
Our delicious peaches and vanilla nice cream is the perfect recipe to start your collection!
Grilled Peaches and Vanilla Nice Cream
This healthy grilled peaches and vanilla nice cream recipe is a healthier take on traditional ice cream but still tastes deliciously sweet! Best of all, it can be made to cater to a variety of dietary preferences.
Prep time: 10 mins + 2 hours to cool Cook time: 10 mins Total time: 20 mins
Dietary Preference: Vegetarian, Vegan option, Gluten-free, Dairy-free option, Nut-free option
- oil spray
- 1 large peach, stone removed, sliced
Vanilla Nice Cream
- 2 medium bananas, peeled, chopped and frozen
- 125ml low-fat milk (or non-dairy milk of choice)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
Almond Praline (optional)
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- ⅛ tsp baking soda
- pinch of sea salt
- 25g flaked almonds
1. To make the almond praline, line a baking tray with baking paper. Place the maple syrup in a small saucepan and bring to the boil over medium-high heat. Reduce the heat to medium and cook for 3-5 seconds. Whisk in the baking soda and salt. Add the flaked almonds and stir until coated. Pour onto the lined baking tray and set aside to cool for about 2 hours or until it becomes hard. Break the praline into pieces.
2. Heat a barbecue grill-plate or chargrill pan over medium heat and spray lightly with oil spray. Place the peach slices on the grill and cook for about 5-8 minutes or until grill marks appear. Carefully turn the peaches over and cook for a further 3-5 minutes or until tender and nicely charred. Remove from the pan and set aside to cool.
3. To make the vanilla nice cream, place the bananas, milk, vanilla and cinnamon in a high-powered blender and blend until smooth and creamy. Transfer the nice cream to an airtight container, cover, and place in the freezer for 30 minutes or until frozen.
4. To serve, place the grilled peaches, cut side up, on two serving plates. Top with a scoop of vanilla nice cream and sprinkle over some almond praline. Enjoy!
Tips for making your peaches and vanilla nice cream
- Vanilla nice cream can be made ahead of time and stored in the freezer in an airtight container for up to a week.
- Almond praline can also be made ahead of time and stored in an airtight container lined with baking paper for up to 3 days.
Healthy desserts that will make you feel good
Nice cream is one of those healthy desserts that you can make for loved ones on warm summer afternoons. Not only does nice cream taste delicious and can help satisfy cravings but because it’s filled with healthy ingredients, you’re less likely to feel uncomfortable or have a dreaded sugar crash post-dessert!
If you enjoyed this grilled peaches and vanilla nice cream recipe and love chocolate and banana, make sure you also try out our chocolate tahini banana nice cream recipe!
What other healthy dessert options would you like to see us post recipes for? Let us know in the comments below!
* Results may vary. Strict adherence to the nutrition and exercise guide are required for best results.