Rainbow Rice Paper Rolls Recipe - Elsa's Wholesome Life
These gorgeous rainbow rice paper rolls are created by Ellie (Elsa's Wholesome Life) and they taste just as good as they look! Mix up your ingredients for even more colour combos - these are the perfect snack. Check out Ellie's post here.
Serves 2/Makes 8 Rolls
- 8 vietnamese rice papers (see your asian supermarket)
- 1 carrot (shredded with a julienne peeler)
- 1 cup red cabbage (shredded finely)
- 1 cup wombok (shredded finely)
- 1 cucumber (cut into long thin sticks)
- 2 spring onions (finely sliced)
- 1/2 red capsicum (sliced thinly)
- handful of snow peas (sliced thinly)
- 1 mango cheek
- 1 cup firm organic tofu (thinly sliced) optional: lightly fry the tofu in sesame oil before adding to rice paper rolls.
- 1 avocado (thinly sliced)
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
Dipping Sauce Ingredients
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tbsp tahini (sesame seed paste)
- juice of 1/2 a lime
- 1 tbsp tamari soy sauce
- 2 tbsp water
- chilli flakes to taste.
For each roll:
- Wet the rice paper under cool water
- Place on a clean flat bench top (or chopping board)
- Add approx 1/2 cup sized piles of mixed sliced raw veggies to the centre of the rice paper
- Fold the sides over then roll the rest to make a neat roll.
- Repeat for remaining ingredients.
For the dipping sauce:
- Add all ingredients to a jar, seal and shake well.
- Pour into a serving dish
Slice your rice paper rolls into bite sized pieces, serve with the dipping sauce.
* Results may vary. Strict adherence to the nutrition and exercise guide are required for best results.