Peanut And Soba Noodle Salad Recipe
Calling all of our peanut butter lovers! This recipe is one we think you’re going to enjoy.
This Peanut and Soba Noodle Salad is seriously packed with flavour! Combining delicious soba noodles with chicken, vegetables and a creamy peanut dressing makes this recipe unforgettable.
It’s so easy to customise this dish to your taste as well. Switch out the capsicum for broccolini or green beans. You could also leave out the chicken if you prefer a meat-free version. However you decide to have it, we’re sure this recipe is going to be a favourite.
Ingredients (makes 1 serve):
90g (1 bundle) dried soba noodles
100g chicken breast
200ml reduced-salt chicken stock
½ medium carrot, peeled and grated
¼ medium red capsicum, deseeded and finely sliced
½ medium cucumber, thinly sliced on an angle
1 spring onion, thinly sliced on an angle
100g wombok (chinese cabbage), finely shredded
fresh coriander, roughly chopped, to taste
sea salt and ground black pepper, to taste
1 tbsp peanuts, roughly chopped
lime wedge, to serve
2 tbsp smooth peanut butter
½ tbsp salt-reduced soy sauce
1 tbsp lime juice
1½ tbsp honey
½ garlic clove, crushed
1 tsp fresh ginger, minced.
1. Fill a large saucepan with water, add a pinch of salt and bring to the boil. Add the noodles and cook for 7-8 minutes. Drain and place in a bowl of cold water. Using your hands, grab handfuls of the noodles and vigorously rub. This will help to wash off the excess starch and separate the noodles. Refresh under cold water and drain well.
2. Place the stock in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat and bring to the boil. Add the chicken and return to the boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer, covered, for 10-15 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Remove from the heat and leave the chicken to stand in the stock for 5 minutes. Transfer to a plate, set aside to cool then slice.
3. To make the peanut dressing, whisk all the ingredients and 1-2 tablespoons of hot water together in a small bowl.
4. Place the noodles, carrot, capsicum, cucumber, spring onion, wombok and coriander in a mixing bowl. Drizzle over the dressing and toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
5. To serve, place the peanut and soba noodle salad in a serving bowl and top with the sliced chicken. Garnish with peanuts, extra coriander and serve with a lime wedge on the side.
If you feel like something a little sweet after your noodle salad, our bite-sized bliss ball recipes are ideal!
Give this recipe a try and let us know what you think! Don’t forget to snap a pic, share it on Instagram and tag @sweat to show us!
* Results may vary. Strict adherence to the nutrition and exercise guide are required for best results.