Healthy Roasted Vegetable Pizza Recipe
If you ever needed an excuse to make a healthy pizza, we’ve got you covered. One of the best things about this recipe is it combines a number of flavours, without being too complicated. It’s loaded with vegetables, which is perfect if you’re trying to eat healthier, but still love to have a slice of pizza. As we showed with the list of healthy taco ingredients, you can still enjoy the foods you love while getting plenty of nutrients into your body!
Roasted Vegetable Pizza
If you love pizza on a Friday night, then you need to try our roasted vegetable pizza recipe this week! The ingredients below make one single-serving pizza, so if you want to make a bit more just bump up the ingredients!
Ingredients (makes 1 small pizza):
- 100g pumpkin, peeled and cut into 1.5cm pieces
- ½ red capsicum, deseeded and cut into 1.5 cm pieces
- ½ medium zucchini, sliced into 1cm rounds
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- 3 tsp olive oil
- sea salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 wholemeal pita bread
- 1-2 tbsp tomato paste or tomato passata
- ¼ small red onion, thinly sliced
- 40g low-fat feta, crumbled
- ½ tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 small handful rocket leaves.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350 °F) and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Place the pumpkin, capsicum, zucchini and oregano in a bowl. Add two teaspoons of oil and toss gently to coat. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Transfer the vegetables to the lined baking tray.
- Roast in the oven for 10 minutes, then remove the zucchini and transfer to a plate. Turn the pumpkin and capsicum with tongs and return to the oven to cook for a further 8-10 minutes or until the pumpkin is tender and the capsicum is a little charred on the edges. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- Increase the oven temperature to 200°C (400 °F) and reline the baking tray with baking paper.
- Lay the pita bread on the lined baking tray and spread over the tomato paste or passata. Scatter over the onion, pumpkin, capsicum and zucchini and top with the crumbled feta. Bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes or until the toppings are hot.
- Meanwhile, whisk the remaining oil and balsamic vinegar together in a small bowl. Just before serving the pizza, toss the rocket in the oil and balsamic mixture to coat.
- To serve, cut the pizza into quarters. Place on a serving plate and top with the rocket.
We’d love to see your finished healthy roasted vegetable pizzas! Upload a snap to Instagram and tag @sweat to show us your version!
* Disclaimer: This blog post is not intended to replace the advice of a medical professional. The above information should not be used to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before making any changes to your diet, sleep methods, daily activity, or fitness routine. Sweat assumes no responsibility for any personal injury or damage sustained by any recommendations, opinions, or advice given in this article.