Easy Healthy French Toast Recipe
Establishing healthy habits doesn’t mean you need to take a rigid approach to diet or stick to eating the same foods.
The key to a healthy, balanced diet is eating wholesome foods you enjoy and including a lot of variety in your meals — even at breakfast.
If you’re keen to try a quick, healthy breakfast, this French toast recipe is a nutritious meal to start the day. It’s easy to make and includes a great mix of carbohydrate and protein, as well as being a source of fibre.
French Toast, Banana & Berries Recipe
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
260ml (9 fl oz) low-fat milk
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla extract
4 slices wholemeal bread
1 sliced banana
260g (9 oz) strawberries
200g (7 oz) yoghurt
2 tsp pure maple syrup or honey
1. Whisk the milk, cinnamon and vanilla extract together in a small bowl.
2. Heat a non-stick frypan over medium heat and lightly spray with oil spray.
3. Dip the bread in the milk mixture, evenly coating both sides. Shake off any excess mixture. Cook for 4-5 minutes on each side until lightly browned.
4. To serve, place the french toast on a serving plate and top with the banana and strawberries. Top with the yoghurt and drizzle over the maple syrup or honey. Enjoy!
Eat nutritious foods you enjoy to fuel your workouts
If you’re eating well, you should feel good too.
Healthy eating can be quick, convenient and easy, and should provide you with enough energy to get through the day and train regularly.
If you’re looking for another healthy breakfast, why not try this Peanut Butter & Jelly Oatmeal Recipe? It’s delicious and really easy to prepare.
* Results may vary. Strict adherence to the nutrition and exercise guide are required for best results.