Easy Healthy French Toast Recipe
Establishing healthy habits doesn’t mean you need to take a rigid approach to diet or stick to eating the same foods.
The key to a healthy, balanced diet is eating wholesome foods you enjoy and including a lot of variety in your meals — even at breakfast.
If you’re keen to try a quick, healthy breakfast, this French toast recipe is a nutritious meal to start the day. It’s easy to make and includes a great mix of carbohydrate and protein, as well as being a source of fibre. If you're on a plant-based diet, try Kayla's vegan French toast instead.
French Toast, Banana & Berries Recipe
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
260ml (9 fl oz) low-fat milk
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla extract
4 slices wholemeal bread
1 sliced banana
260g (9 oz) strawberries
200g (7 oz) yoghurt
2 tsp pure maple syrup or honey
1. Whisk the milk, cinnamon and vanilla extract together in a small bowl.
2. Heat a non-stick frypan over medium heat and lightly spray with oil spray.
3. Dip the bread in the milk mixture, evenly coating both sides. Shake off any excess mixture. Cook for 4-5 minutes on each side until lightly browned.
4. To serve, place the french toast on a serving plate and top with the banana and strawberries. Top with the yoghurt and drizzle over the maple syrup or honey. Enjoy!
Eat nutritious foods you enjoy to fuel your workouts
If you’re eating well, you should feel good too.
Healthy eating can be quick, convenient and easy, and should provide you with enough energy to get through the day and train regularly.
If you’re looking for another healthy breakfast, why not try this Peanut Butter & Jelly Oatmeal Recipe? It’s delicious and really easy to prepare.
* Disclaimer: This blog post is not intended to replace the advice of a medical professional. The above information should not be used to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before making any changes to your diet, sleep methods, daily activity, or fitness routine. Sweat assumes no responsibility for any personal injury or damage sustained by any recommendations, opinions, or advice given in this article.