Healthy Apple Donuts
Who doesn’t love a healthy alternative to a traditional sweet? That’s why we’ve decided to get creative this Donut Day and celebrate with a healthy take on this popular treat.
The best thing about this Apple Donut Recipe is that it’s so simple — and you can mix and match your choice of flavours and textures.
Check out this healthy dessert option and get creative!
- 1 medium red apple, cored and sliced
- 1 medium green apple, cored and sliced
There’s nothing better than finding a healthy snack that you can look forward to eating — try out a few of these topping ideas and explore your favourite combinations.
Apple Donut Topping Ideas
- Acai yoghurt, blueberries, granola and maple syrup
- Almond butter, toasted coconut flakes, cacao nibs and honey
- Cream cheese, freeze dried raspberries (or strawberries, if preferred), pistachios and honey
- Peanut butter, pomegranate seeds, cacao drizzle.
To make the cacao drizzle, follow the recipe below. Once you’re done, drizzle over the apple slice and toppings before serving.
- 1 tsp cacao powder
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 ½ tsp coconut oil, melted.
Combine the ingredients and stir until thoroughly mixed.
If you like this and want to try out another healthy dessert alternative, you need to check out our Banana Nice Cream Recipe!
We’d love to see your original donut creations! Tag us on instagram at @sweat and spread the donut love.
* Results may vary. Strict adherence to the nutrition and exercise guide are required for best results.