Quick And Easy Guacamole Recipe
Guacamole is a traditional Mexican dish that’s simple to make and really versatile.
The avocado-based dip is perfect as a quick and easy snack paired with vegetable sticks, or you can add it to other dishes, like tacos or fajitas, for an extra punch of flavour.
Guacamole is also great for breakfast — try it with hash browns and poached eggs!
Fresh and easy guacamole recipe
Preparation time: 10 minutes
1 medium tomato
½ small white onion
1 small handful of fresh coriander (cilantro)
2 teaspoons of lime juice
1 jalapeño chilli pepper
Sea salt and black pepper
1. Slice the avocado in half, lengthwise and remove the pit. Cut cubes into the avocado while it is still in the skin, then use a spoon to scoop out into a mixing bowl. Use a fork to mash it to your desired consistency.
2. Finely dice the onion and cut the tomato into small cubes and add to the avocado.
3. Deseed the jalapeño and finely dice, and chop the coriander. Add both to the rest of the mixture. Add the lime juice slowly and adjust the quantity to your taste.
4. Season with salt and pepper.
Switch it up to your taste
This recipe is easy to adjust to your taste — if you like spicy foods, try using a hotter chilli. If you prefer guacamole without tomato, you can leave it out.
You can make chunky and rustic guacamole, or try a smoother consistency if you want to add it to burgers or have it as a toast topper.
Guacamole will keep for a day in your fridge in an airtight container, but it’s so good it probably won’t last that long before it’s all gone!
* Results may vary. Strict adherence to the nutrition and exercise guide are required for best results.