Grilled Salmon Salad with Orange & Fennel Recipe
I generally prefer a chicken or turkey salad BUT this salmon recipe is INCREDIBLE! I know the mix of orange and salmon together might sound a little strange, but don't judge it until you've tried it!
Salmon is SO good for you! It's a great source of Omega-3 fatty acids - aka "brain food". It's also packed with vitamin D which is really crucial for maintaining your overall health. One 100g serve of salmon can provide you with a day's worth of vitamin D! Did you know salmon can also help you sleep? It's a great source of tryptophan which is an all-natural sedative. Not only is the salmon in this dish healthy, but the fennel is one of the best foods for an upset stomach.
Grilled Salmon Salad with Orange and Fennel Recipe
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 5 mins
Total time: 15 mins
Dietary preferences: Pescatarian, Gluten-free, Dairy-free
- 3 oranges peeled
- 1 fennel bulb, trimmed and sliced paper thin
- 1 cup of chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- ½ red onion thinly sliced
- 3 tbs chopped fresh dill
- 2 cups rocket leaves
- 1 tbs white wine vinegar
- 1 tbs orange juice
- 2 tbs olive oil
- olive oil spray
- 200g of skinless salmon
- Holding 1 orange over a large bowl to catch the juice, use a sharp knife to cut along either side of the white membrane to remove the segments. Add to big bowl. Use your hands to squeeze the juice from the remaining flesh. Repeat with all oranges.
- Add fennel, chickpeas, onion and dill to the bowl. Toss to combine.
- Make dressing. Place vinegar, orange juice, and oil in a small screw jar. Season with salt and pepper. Secure lid and shake to combine.
- Preheat a grill pan on medium-high. Cut salmon lengthways into 8 pieces and spray lightly with olive oil spray, season with salt and pepper.
- Cook on grill for 1-2 minutes on each side or until cooked to your liking. Flake into bite sized pieces.
- Add salmon and rocket to the orange mixture then drizzle with dressing and serve.
There you have it! Really easy but so yummy.
* Disclaimer: This blog post is not intended to replace the advice of a medical professional. The above information should not be used to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before making any changes to your diet, sleep methods, daily activity, or fitness routine. Sweat assumes no responsibility for any personal injury or damage sustained by any recommendations, opinions, or advice given in this article.