Banana Nice Cream Recipe
Did you know that bananas are filled with goodness? They give your body long-lasting energy for muscles, as well as providing a source of antioxidants, potassium, fibre, vitamin C and vitamin B6. Bananas not only make a great on-the-go snack but they are also a fantastic ingredient to include in lots of yummy treats too!
One of our favourite ways to use bananas is in nice cream. This recipe for Chocolate Tahini Banana Nice Cream is a delicious healthy dessert — and it’s pretty simple to make. Plus, it looks SO beautiful all served up in a bowl!
Chocolate Tahini Banana Nice Cream
Prep time: 30 mins
- 2 Medjool dates, pitted
- 2-3 frozen bananas (~300g), sliced
- 125ml low-fat milk
- 2 tbsp tahini paste, plus extra to garnish
- 3 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp cacao nibs
For the topping:
- 2 tsp coconut oil, melted
- ½ tsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp cacao powder
1. In a bowl, cover the dates with boiling water and leave to soak for 10-15 minutes, until softened. Drain and roughly chop the dates.
2. Place the banana, milk, tahini, cacao powder, vanilla and dates in a high-powered blender and blend until smooth and creamy, scraping down the sides as needed.
3. Scoop the nice cream into a bowl and stir through the cacao nibs. Place in the freezer for 5 minutes while you prepare the topping.
4. To make the topping, whisk together the coconut oil, maple syrup and cacao powder.
5. To serve, place the nice cream into two serving bowls and drizzle over the chocolate topping and extra tahini, if desired.
We’d love to see your bowl! If you make this recipe, snap a pic and share it with us by tagging @sweat on Instagram.
* Results may vary. Strict adherence to the nutrition and exercise guide are required for best results.