Healthy Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Bread Recipe
If you’ve made being healthier a priority you don't need to give up the foods you enjoy!
The easiest way to maintain a healthy diet is to aim for a balanced approach to food. Totally cutting out foods that were once a favourite is not a sustainable (or enjoyable!) way to live. Instead, try to be mindful when choosing the sweets you eat and opt for healthier versions when you can.
If you have a sweet tooth and enjoy baking, this is the perfect sweet treat to create in your kitchen. Baking can be a way to reduce stress — and who doesn’t love the aroma of delicious baked goods floating through the house?
If you're a fan of banana bread, this update on a classic is indulgent and healthy, with added peanut butter and chocolate! Bake this healthy Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Bread for yourself or loved ones — and it tastes so good. You can also portion it out and then store it away in the freezer for whenever you have a sweet craving. Simply bake the loaf, cut it up into smaller slices, store them in small containers, and keep them in the freezer as a meal-prep option for dessert.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Bread Recipe
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 40 mins
Cooling time: 10 minutes
Total time: 60 mins
Makes: 1 loaf
Dietary Preferences: Vegetarian
80g smooth peanut butter
3 medium ripe bananas, mashed
2 eggs, whisked
125ml milk of choice
1 tsp of vanilla essence
120g spelt flour
25g almond meal
35g coconut sugar
30g cacao powder
1 tsp of baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
80g dark chocolate chips
1 medium banana, thinly sliced
2-3 tbsp (extra) peanut butter, melted, for drizzling.
1. Preheat the oven to 175°C (350°F). Line a loaf tin with baking paper and spray with oil spray.
2. Place the peanut butter in a small saucepan and melt over a low heat, stirring frequently. Remove from the heat.
3. Whisk the peanut butter, bananas, eggs, milk and vanilla essence together in a mixing bowl until well combined and smooth.
4. Place the flour, almond meal, coconut sugar, cacao powder, baking powder, baking soda and chocolate chips in a separate mixing bowl and stir to combine.
5. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and gently stir until well combined. Pour into the lined loaf tin and arrange the sliced banana down the middle of the tin, pressing down gently.
6. Bake in the oven for 35-40 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Remove from the oven and leave to cool in the loaf tin for 10 minutes. Remove from the pan and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
7. Serve drizzled with the melted peanut butter.
Time to get baking!
There you have it — a healthier alternative to a favourite sweet! Remember, balance is key when pursuing a healthy life. Aiming to live your healthiest life doesn't mean that you can’t enjoy something sweet when you are craving it. It’s all about making healthier choices and helping your body to feel good.
If you love this, you need to try our healthy chocolate tahini banana nice cream too!
How do you satisfy your sweet tooth in a healthy way? Share your tips below!
* Results may vary. Strict adherence to the nutrition and exercise guide are required for best results.