Blueberry Smoothie Bowl - The Fit Foodie
This delicious bliss bowl recipe is created by Sally (The Fit Foodie) and we can't get enough of it! It is the perfect breakfast or midday treat and blueberries are an amazing source of anti-oxidants and fibre. Check out Sally's post here.
- 1 frozen banana
- 1/2 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 scoop (30g) vanilla pea protein
- 1 tbsp psyllium (optional)
- 1 tbsp maca powder
- Pinch Himalayan pink salt
- 1/2 cup coconut water or filtered water
- Additional blueberries
- Bee pollen (vegans – skip this!)
- Desiccated coconut
- Red currants
- Coconut yoghurt
- Edible flowers
- In a blender, add all the ingredients (except the toppings – duh!).
- Blend until thick and smooth – you might want to use your pokey-stick to jam the mixture into the blades. Don’t be tempted to add more liquid – you’ll end up with something that’s pretty hard to eat with a spoon.
- Scrape into a bowl and add all your fave toppings, swirl in some coconut yoghurt for creaminess and then go for gold.
* Results may vary. Strict adherence to the nutrition and exercise guide are required for best results.