10 Positive Quotes To Keep You Motivated
In the first few weeks after you start to work out you might find that you’re full of determination to exercise and reach your goals.
However, it’s not unusual to have your motivation ebb and flow over time, and you may have moments when you feel like you’re beginning to struggle. That’s why it’s important to have a range of strategies in place, big and small, to help you overcome any hurdles.
Lots of things can help to motivate you on your health and fitness journeys — the encouragement of a friend, feeling stronger and more capable during workouts, or having more energy and confidence. Having some positive quotes to refer to can also be an easy way to boost your morale and help you to stay in a positive frame of mind.
Keeping positive quotes on hand can be a way to remind yourself to that you’re making progress and to keep working hard. If you need are finding that your training routine or healthy eating habits are getting a little harder to stick to, then these positive quotes are here to boost your motivation!
Positive quotes to motivate you
Write down these short positive quotes somewhere — try using a journal or in the notes section of your phone. Let these positive quotes act as a source of inspiration and motivation, as a reminder to keep going every day of your health and fitness journey!
1. “Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishments.” — Jim Rohn
We all have days where we just don’t feel inspired. This is where the importance of discipline and a positive mindset comes into play.
Motivation is important and things like positive quotes can be a good reminder to yourself during times of low motivation or struggle; however, these things will only take you so far. The key to your success is your ability to utilise this motivation and to become disciplined and consistent in working towards your goals.
2. “Obstacles don’t have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don’t turn around and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.” — Michael Jordan
Healthy habits are developed over time by continuing to work hard, consistently. Encountering roadblocks or struggles is part of the journey — how you choose to deal with these experiences helps to determine your future.
3. “Failure is not the opposite of success, it’s part of success.” — Arianna Huffington
There are so many positive quotes out there that talk about embracing failure — and it’s for good reason! In every perceived failure, there is a lesson to be learned. Use fear to your advantage — if you don’t achieve what you had hoped, whether it be a day of healthy eating or squeezing in a workout session, look for the lesson in that situation. What can you do differently next time to achieve an outcome that makes you feel good?
Apply this lesson in any future situations to advance yourself closer to your goals.
4. “If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.” — Wayne Dyer
When it comes to any life journey, your mindset is everything. Whether you feel inspired by positive quotes or not, reminding yourself to think positively and to love your body for what it’s capable of, rather than looking for faults, will help you to approach things differently.
5. “Success isn’t about how your life looks to others. It’s about how it feels to you.” — Michelle Obama
Don’t compare yourself to those around you, or let someone else’s definition of success influence your goals. Only you can decide what success means in the context of your own life — and what’s worth striving for!
6. “The greatest discovery of all time is that a person can change his future by merely changing his attitude.” — Oprah Winfrey
Your attitude is everything! Learn to block out any limiting self-beliefs. Whenever a thought comes up in your mind that has you feeling like you can’t make positive changes to your life, mentally ‘cancel’ that negative thought and remind yourself that you can make those changes for yourself, if you try.
7. “Rome wasn’t built in a day.” — French proverb
This is one of those positive quotes that you’ve probably heard a million times already.! It’s so important to remember when it comes to your health and fitness journey, though.
Change doesn’t happen overnight — or even within a few weeks! It’s important to approach your health and fitness journey with a long-term mindset. This is about living your healthiest life and making sustainable positive choices.
8. “Never a failure. Always a lesson.” — Rihanna
Don’t be so scared of failure that you stop taking risks. Going for what you want, even if there is risk involved, can bring about so many rewards. Even if you fail, it will be a learning experience, and you can take that knowledge with you. Taking a chance will always enrich your life, no matter the outcome.
9. “The biggest, most transformative moments of my life came through crisis or failure. They came when I least expected them, when I felt ill-equipped to deal with the fallout. And yet each time, I had survived.” — Elizabeth Day
If you find yourself facing a difficult workout, or a moment of struggle, it’s important to remember that you will come out the other side. Even if you fail, you might find that experience can transform your life — for the better.
10. "Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway." — Earl Nightingale
How do you want to feel in a year, or two or five? Time will always pass — even small steps forward are still steps of progress. Remind yourself that even the smallest positive change can have a huge impact on your long-term health.
Save these positive life quotes for a motivation boost!
Everyone’s fitness journey is different but we each encounter our own struggles at some point. In those moments of need, these positive quotes can be a small source of support.
Remember, a positive mindset, discipline and consistency are the keys to success on your health and fitness journey. And in those moments of doubt? Pull out these positive quotes as a reminder that you are enough, you are capable and that you can achieve your dreams if you believe you can.
* Disclaimer: This blog post is not intended to replace the advice of a medical professional. The above information should not be used to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before making any changes to your diet, sleep methods, daily activity, or fitness routine. Sweat assumes no responsibility for any personal injury or damage sustained by any recommendations, opinions, or advice given in this article.