How to: YTW
Primary Muscles Used:Shoulders, Rhomboids
Exercise Families:Transverse Extension
- Plant both feet on the floor shoulder-width apart. Hinge forward from your hips so that your torso is at a 45-degree angle to the floor. Bend your knees slightly and extend your arms directly below your chest, keeping your hands in a neutral position (palms facing each other). This is your starting position.
- Inhale. Exhale. Using the muscles in your shoulders and back, slowly raise your arms forward and upward until your arms are in line with your ears and they resemble the shape of a ‘Y’. You should feel a small squeeze between your shoulder blades. Inhale. Lower your arms to return to the starting position.
- Exhale. While maintaining a slight bend in your elbows, raise your arms outward and upward until they are in line with your shoulders to resemble the shape of a ‘T’, ensuring that you draw your shoulder blades down and back. Inhale. Lower your arms to return to the starting position.
- Exhale. Rotate your arms and shoulders inwards so that your palms face your body. Draw your shoulder blades together as you raise your arms upward and outward and bend your elbows to form two 90-degree angles. Inhale. Extend your elbows to return to the starting position. Repeat for the specified number of repetitions or time.
Alternative Exercises for No Equipment
* Results may vary. Strict adherence to the nutrition and exercise guide are required for best results.