How to: Side Lunge
Primary Muscles Used:Upper Legs, Glutes, Quads, Hamstrings
- Plant both feet on the floor shoulder-width apart. This is your starting position.
- Inhale. Keeping your right foot on the floor, release your left foot and take a big step to your left. As you plant your foot on the floor, bend your left knee, ensuring that your right leg remains straight.
- Exhale. Extend your left knee and transfer your weight onto your right foot. Step your left foot inwards to return to the starting position.
- Inhale. Keeping your left foot on the floor, release your right foot and take a big step to your right. As you plant your foot on the floor, bend your right knee, ensuring that your left leg remains straight.
- Exhale. Extend your right knee and transfer your weight onto your left foot. Step your right foot inwards to return to the starting position. Continue alternating between left and right for the specified number of repetitions.
Alternative Exercises for Quadriceps
* Disclaimer: This blog post is not intended to replace the advice of a medical professional. The above information should not be used to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before making any changes to your diet, sleep methods, daily activity, or fitness routine. Sweat assumes no responsibility for any personal injury or damage sustained by any recommendations, opinions, or advice given in this article.