How to: Shoulder Tap
Primary Muscles Used:Abs, Transverse Abdominis
Exercise Families:Trunk Anti-Extension
- Place both hands on the mat slightly further than shoulder-width apart, feet apart on the mat behind you while resting on the balls of your feet. This is your starting position.
- Release your right hand and reach across your body to touch your left shoulder, ensuring that you brace your abdominals to keep your hips parallel to (in line with) the floor.
- Lower your right hand to return to the starting position.
- Release your left hand and reach across your body to touch your right shoulder, once again, ensuring that you brace your abdominals to keep your hips parallel to (in line with) the floor.
- Lower your left hand to return to the starting position. Continue alternating between right and left for the specified amount of time, inhaling for two repetitions and exhaling for two repetitions.
Alternative Exercises for Abs
* Disclaimer: This blog post is not intended to replace the advice of a medical professional. The above information should not be used to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before making any changes to your diet, sleep methods, daily activity, or fitness routine. Sweat assumes no responsibility for any personal injury or damage sustained by any recommendations, opinions, or advice given in this article.