How to: Russian Twist
Primary Muscles Used:Abs, Obliques
Exercise Families:Trunk Rotation
- Holding a medicine ball with both hands directly in front of your chest, start seated on a yoga mat with knees bent and heels firmly planted. Lean back slightly so that your abdominals are engaged and you are balancing on your sit bones. This is your starting position.
- While keeping your lower body as still as possible, twist your torso to the right and gently touch the medicine ball on the mat next to your right hip.
- Untwist your torso to return to the starting position.
- While keeping your lower body as still as possible, twist your torso to the left and gently touch the medicine ball on the mat next to your left hip.
- Untwist your torso to return to the starting position. Continue alternating between right and left for the specified number of repetitions.
Alternative Exercises for Abs
* Disclaimer: This blog post is not intended to replace the advice of a medical professional. The above information should not be used to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before making any changes to your diet, sleep methods, daily activity, or fitness routine. Sweat assumes no responsibility for any personal injury or damage sustained by any recommendations, opinions, or advice given in this article.