Rocking Chair Burpee
How to: Rocking Chair Burpee
Exercise Families:High Intensity
- Plant both feet on the mat shoulder-width apart. This is your starting position.
- Bend at both the hips and knees to place your hands on the mat on either side of your feet, ensuring that your spine remains in a neutral position. Jump both of your feet backwards so that your legs are completely extended behind you, resting on the balls of your feet. Your body should be in one straight line from your head to your heels. This is called high plank position.
- From the high plank position, bend at the hips and knees to shift your glutes over your heels and lower your torso towards the mat. Extend your arms along the mat, sinking your chest into the position and keeping your shoulders down and back. Press through your feet to extend your legs and return to the high plank position.
- Jump both of your feet forwards in between your hands, once again, ensuring that your feet remain shoulder-width apart. Propel your body upwards into the air. Extend your legs below you and your arms above your head. Land in the starting position, ensuring that you maintain ‘soft’ knees to prevent injury. Repeat for the specified number of repetitions.
Alternative Exercises for No Equipment
* Disclaimer: This blog post is not intended to replace the advice of a medical professional. The above information should not be used to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before making any changes to your diet, sleep methods, daily activity, or fitness routine. Sweat assumes no responsibility for any personal injury or damage sustained by any recommendations, opinions, or advice given in this article.