Resistance Band Squat & Press
How to: Resistance Band Squat & Press
Primary Muscles Used:Upper Legs, Glutes, Shoulders, Arms, Gluteals, Quads, Hamstrings, Anterior Deltoid, Lateral Deltoid, Triceps
Equipment:Long Resistance Band
- With a long resistance band around the bottom of both feet, plant both feet on the floor slightly further than shoulder-width apart. Hold the band in front of your shoulders with an overhand grip (palms facing away from your body). Bring your elbows forward and elevate them to approximately shoulder height, resting your hands on your shoulders so that your palms are now facing upwards. This is your starting position.
- Inhale. Looking straight ahead, bend at both the hips and knees, ensuring that your knees point toward your toes. Continue bending your knees until your upper legs are parallel with the floor. Ensure that your elbows remain elevated and your back remains as upright as possible.
- Exhale. Push through your heels and extend your knees to return to the starting position.
- Using the muscles in your shoulders and arms, extend your elbows to press the band directly above your head. Your arms should be in line with your ears on either side of your head.
- Inhale. Bend your elbows to lower the band into the starting position. Repeat for the specified number of repetitions.
Alternative Exercises for Long Resistance Band
* Results may vary. Strict adherence to the nutrition and exercise guide are required for best results.