How to: Plyo Push-Up
Primary Muscles Used:Chest, Pecs, Triceps
Exercise Families:Horizontal Push
- Place both hands on the mat slightly further than shoulder-width apart, feet together on the mat behind you while resting on the balls of your feet. This is your starting position
- Inhale. While maintaining a straight back and stabilising through your abdominals, bend your elbows and lower your torso towards the mat.
- Exhale. Push through your chest and extend your arms to propel your body upwards into the air and release your hands from the mat.
- Inhale. Bend your elbows to land your hands back on the mat and return to the starting position, ensuring that you maintain ‘soft’ elbows to prevent injury. Repeat for the specified number of repetitions.
Alternative Exercises for Pec Major
* Disclaimer: This blog post is not intended to replace the advice of a medical professional. The above information should not be used to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before making any changes to your diet, sleep methods, daily activity, or fitness routine. Sweat assumes no responsibility for any personal injury or damage sustained by any recommendations, opinions, or advice given in this article.