How to: Pike Push-Up
Primary Muscles Used:Shoulders, Arms, Anterior Deltoid, Lateral Deltoid, Triceps
Exercise Families:Vertical Push
- Place both hands on the mat slightly further than shoulder-width apart, with feet apart on the mat behind you, while resting on the balls of your feet. Gently draw your ribs to your hips to engage your core. This is your starting position.
- Jump both of your feet outwards so that they are slightly wider than your hips, ensuring that your hips remain level. While maintaining a neutral spine and stabilising through your abdominals, elevate your hips to create an inverted ‘V-shape’. Open your chest and create space between your shoulders and ears by drawing your shoulder blades down and back.
- While maintaining a neutral spine and stabilising through your abdominals, bend your elbows to lower your forehead towards the floor, rocking forward onto your toes and keeping your hips at a fixed angle. You should feel tension in your shoulders and triceps throughout this movement.
- Push through your arms and shoulders to extend your elbows and lift your body back into the inverted V-shape position. Repeat for the specified number of repetitions or time.
Alternative Exercises for No Equipment
* Results may vary. Strict adherence to the nutrition and exercise guide are required for best results.