Pelvic Tilt to Bridge
How to: Pelvic Tilt to Bridge
Primary Muscles Used:Glutes, Gluteals, Hamstrings
Exercise Families:Hip Extension
- Start by lying flat on your back on a yoga mat. Bend your knees and position your feet firmly on the mat, ensuring that they are hip-width apart and your spine is in a neutral position. Allow your arms to rest by your sides on the mat. This is your starting position.
- Inhale. Set your T-zone. Exhale. Press your heels into the mat, tuck your pubic bone towards your belly button and raise your pelvis off the mat. Raise your spine off the mat one vertebrae at a time until your body forms one straight line from chin to knee, resting on your shoulders.
- Inhale. Hold. Exhale. While keeping your hips raised and your glutes activated, open your knees outwards. Inhale. Draw your knees inwards until they are hip-width apart.
- Exhale. Lower your spine onto the mat one vertebrae at a time, followed by your pelvis. Repeat for the specified number of repetitions.
Alternative Exercises for Hamstrings
* Results may vary. Strict adherence to the nutrition and exercise guide are required for best results.