How to: Modified Burpee
Exercise Families:High Intensity
- Place a chair directly in front of you with the seat facing towards you. Standing one step away from the chair, plant both feet on the mat shoulder-width apart. This is your starting position.
- Bend at both the hips and knees to place your hands on the chair, gently draw your ribs to your hips to engage your core while ensuring your spine remains in a neutral position.
- Inhale. Step your feet backwards, one at a time, so that your legs are completely extended behind you, resting on the balls of your feet. Your body should be in one straight line from your head to your heels.
- Step both of your feet forwards one at a time, once again, ensuring that your feet remain shoulder-width apart.
- Exhale. Extend your legs to stand up tall and reach your arms above your head. As you reach the top of your stance, press into the balls of your feet to raise your heels off the ground.
- Inhale. Lower your arms and heels to return to the starting position. Repeat for the specified number of repetitions.
Alternative Exercises for Chair
* Results may vary. Strict adherence to the nutrition and exercise guide are required for best results.