How to: Lateral Jump
Exercise Families:High Intensity
- Begin standing and plant both feet on the floor shoulder-width apart. This is your starting position.
- Inhale and brace your core. Looking straight ahead, bend at both the hips and knees, ensuring that your knees remain in line with your toes. Continue bending your knees until your upper legs are almost parallel with the floor, ensuring that your back remains within a 45- to 90-degree angle to your hips.
- Exhale as you push through your heels, extending both your knees and hips, using predominantly your right leg to propel your body upwards and to the left.
- Inhale as you bend your hips and knees to land in a squat position. Ensure you maintain ‘soft’ knees to prevent injury.
- Repeat this on the opposite side. You should feel tension through your quads, glutes, and core throughout this movement. Alternate between sides for the specified number of repetitions or time.
Alternative Exercises for No Equipment
* Disclaimer: This blog post is not intended to replace the advice of a medical professional. The above information should not be used to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before making any changes to your diet, sleep methods, daily activity, or fitness routine. Sweat assumes no responsibility for any personal injury or damage sustained by any recommendations, opinions, or advice given in this article.