How to: Lateral Jump
Exercise Families:High Intensity
- Begin standing and plant both feet on the floor shoulder-width apart. This is your starting position.
- Inhale and brace your core. Looking straight ahead, bend at both the hips and knees, ensuring that your knees remain in line with your toes. Continue bending your knees until your upper legs are almost parallel with the floor, ensuring that your back remains within a 45- to 90-degree angle to your hips.
- Exhale as you push through your heels, extending both your knees and hips, using predominantly your right leg to propel your body upwards and to the left.
- Inhale as you bend your hips and knees to land in a squat position. Ensure you maintain ‘soft’ knees to prevent injury.
- Repeat this on the opposite side. You should feel tension through your quads, glutes, and core throughout this movement. Alternate between sides for the specified number of repetitions or time.
Alternative Exercises for No Equipment
* Results may vary. Strict adherence to the nutrition and exercise guide are required for best results.