Lateral Bear Crawl & Shoot Through
How to: Lateral Bear Crawl & Shoot Through
Exercise Families:High Intensity
- Starting on all fours on a yoga mat, ensure that your knees are below your hips and your hands are below your shoulders. Set your spine in a neutral position and draw your shoulder blades down and back. Tuck your toes and lift your knees off the mat, resting on the balls of your feet. This is your starting position.
- Take a small step to the left with your left foot and right hand at the same time, ensuring that you keep your abdominals engaged to help minimise torso movement and that your torso remains parallel to the floor.
- Take a small step in the same direction with your right foot and left hand at the same time, once again, ensuring that you keep your abdominals engaged to help minimise torso movement and that your torso remains parallel to the floor.
- Continue this sideways movement for the length of your mat, towel or space, then release your right foot and left hand, pivoting on your left foot to open up your hips. Tuck your right knee across and into your torso to lower your right hip and rotate your torso to the left. At the same time raise your left arm directly above your head. As you reach the end of your rotation extend your right leg. If done correctly your torso and right leg should be pointing 90 degrees to the left of the starting position.
- Press into the floor with your right hand to stay elevated. Bend your right knee and raise your right hip to rotate your torso back to neutral, at the same time, lower your left arm to the floor to return to the bear crawl position. Repeat the sequence, this time in the opposite direction for the specified number of repetitions or time. Maintain control of your breathing throughout. Ensure you complete an even number of repetitions in both directions.
Alternative Exercises for No Equipment
* Results may vary. Strict adherence to the nutrition and exercise guide are required for best results.