Goblet Squat Hold & Reverse Lunge
How to: Goblet Squat Hold & Reverse Lunge
Primary Muscles Used:Upper Legs, Glutes, Quads, Gluteals, Hamstrings
- Begin standing holding a dumbbell with both hands directly in front of your chest, and plant both feet on the floor shoulder-width apart. Gently draw your pubic bone to your belly button (engage pelvic floor). This is your starting position.
- Inhale and brace your core. Bend at both the hips and knees, until your upper legs are parallel with the floor. Ensure you keep a proud chest and that your knees remain in line with your toes (don’t allow your knees to fall in). Hold this position.
- Ensure your core remains engaged and take a big step backwards with your right foot. As you plant your right foot on the floor, bend both knees to approximately 90-degrees, ensuring that your weight is evenly distributed between both legs. When done correctly, your front knee will be aligned with your ankle and your back knee will be hovering just off the floor.
- Exhale, extend both knees and transfer your weight completely onto your left foot. Step your right foot forward to return to the starting position. Alternate and repeat this on the left leg. You should feel tension through your quads, glutes, arms, and core throughout this movement. Alternate between sides for the specified number of repetitions or time.
Alternative Exercises for No Equipment
* Disclaimer: This blog post is not intended to replace the advice of a medical professional. The above information should not be used to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before making any changes to your diet, sleep methods, daily activity, or fitness routine. Sweat assumes no responsibility for any personal injury or damage sustained by any recommendations, opinions, or advice given in this article.