Goblet Jump Squat
How to: Goblet Jump Squat
Primary Muscles Used:Upper Legs, Glutes, Gluteals, Quads, Hamstrings
- Begin standing holding a dumbbell with both hands directly in front of your chest, plant both feet on the floor hip-width apart. Point both feet slightly outward. This is your starting position.
- Inhale and brace your core. Looking straight ahead, bend at both the hips and knees, ensuring that your knees point toward your toes. Continue bending your knees until your upper legs are parallel with the floor, ensuring that your back remains within a 45- to 90-degree angle to your hips.
- Exhale as you push through your heels and propel your body upwards into the air, extending both your knees and your hips.
- Inhale as you land, bending at your hips and knees to the starting position, ensuring that you maintain ‘soft’ knees to prevent injury. You should feel tension through your quads, glutes, and core throughout this movement. Repeat for the specified number of repetitions or time.
Alternative Exercises for Dumbbells
* Results may vary. Strict adherence to the nutrition and exercise guide are required for best results.