Glute Bridge & Opening
How to: Glute Bridge & Opening
Primary Muscles Used:Glutes, Gluteals, Hamstrings, Hip Abductors
- With a resistance band looped around your lower thighs, lie flat on your back on a yoga mat. Bend your knees and position your feet firmly on the mat, ensuring that they are hip-width apart and your spine is in a neutral position. Allow your arms to rest by your sides on the mat. This is your starting position.
- Inhale. Exhale, gently draw your ribs to your hips to engage your core. Press your heels into the mat, activate your glutes and raise your pelvis off the floor until your body forms one straight line from chin to knee, resting on your shoulders.
- Inhale. While keeping your hips raised and your glutes activated, open your knees outwards.
- Draw your knees inwards until they are hip-width apart.
- Exhale. Lower your spine onto the mat one vertebrae at a time, followed by your pelvis. Repeat for the specified number of repetitions.
Alternative Exercises for Resistance Band
* Disclaimer: This blog post is not intended to replace the advice of a medical professional. The above information should not be used to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before making any changes to your diet, sleep methods, daily activity, or fitness routine. Sweat assumes no responsibility for any personal injury or damage sustained by any recommendations, opinions, or advice given in this article.