Front Dumbbell Raise
How to: Front Dumbbell Raise
Primary Muscles Used:Shoulders, Anterior Deltoid
Exercise Families:Shoulder Flexion
- Holding one dumbbell in each hand with an overhand grip (palms facing towards your body) in front of your legs, plant both feet on the floor shoulder-width apart. This is your starting position.
- Inhale. Exhale. While maintaining a slight bend in your elbow, gently raise the left dumbbell in front of you, up to chin height.
- Inhale. Slowly lower the dumbbell to return to the starting position.
- Exhale. While maintaining a slight bend in your elbow, gently raise the right dumbbell in front of you, up to chin height.
- Inhale. Slowly lower the dumbbell to return to the starting position. Continue alternating between left and right for the specified number of repetitions.
Alternative Exercises for Lateral Deltoid
* Disclaimer: This blog post is not intended to replace the advice of a medical professional. The above information should not be used to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before making any changes to your diet, sleep methods, daily activity, or fitness routine. Sweat assumes no responsibility for any personal injury or damage sustained by any recommendations, opinions, or advice given in this article.