Four-Point Arm & Leg Extension
How to: Four-Point Arm & Leg Extension
Primary Muscles Used:Glutes, Back, Abs, Gluteals, Hamstrings, Lower Back
- Starting on all fours on a yoga mat, ensure that your knees are below your hips and your hands are below your shoulders. Set your spine in a neutral position and draw your shoulder blades down and back. This is your starting position.
- Inhale. Exhale, gently draw your ribs to your hips to engage your core. Release and elevate your right arm and left leg until they are in line with your spine, ensuring that your shoulders and hips remain parallel to (in line with) the floor.
- Inhale. Lower your right arm and left leg to return to the starting position.
- Exhale. Release and elevate your left arm and right leg until they are in line with your spine, ensuring that your shoulders and hips remain parallel to (in line with) the floor.
- Inhale. Lower your left arm and right leg to return to the starting position. Continue alternating between sides for the specified number of repetitions.
Alternative Exercises for No Equipment
* Disclaimer: This blog post is not intended to replace the advice of a medical professional. The above information should not be used to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before making any changes to your diet, sleep methods, daily activity, or fitness routine. Sweat assumes no responsibility for any personal injury or damage sustained by any recommendations, opinions, or advice given in this article.