Four-Point Arm Extension
How to: Four-Point Arm Extension
Primary Muscles Used:Abs, Transverse Abdominis
Exercise Families:Trunk Anti-Extension
- Starting on all fours on a yoga mat, ensure that your knees are below your hips and your hands are below your shoulders. Set your spine in a neutral position and draw your shoulder blades down and back. This is your starting position.
- Inhale. Exhale. Release and elevate your right arm until it is in line with your spine, ensuring that your shoulders remain parallel to (in line with) the floor.
- Inhale. Lower your right arm to return to the starting position.
- Exhale. Release and elevate your left arm until it is in line with your spine, ensuring that your shoulders remain parallel to (in line with) the floor.
- Inhale. Lower your left arm to return to the starting position. Continue alternating between sides for the specified number of repetitions.
Alternative Exercises for No Equipment
* Disclaimer: This blog post is not intended to replace the advice of a medical professional. The above information should not be used to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before making any changes to your diet, sleep methods, daily activity, or fitness routine. Sweat assumes no responsibility for any personal injury or damage sustained by any recommendations, opinions, or advice given in this article.