Dumbbell Step Up
How to: Dumbbell Step Up
Primary Muscles Used:Upper Legs, Glutes, Quads, Hamstrings
- Start by placing the bench horizontally in front of you. Holding one dumbbell in each hand, plant both feet on the floor slightly further than shoulder width apart.
- Firmly plant your ENTIRE left foot on the bench making sure your knees are not more forward than your toes.
- Push through your left heel to extend your left leg. Avoid pushing through your toes to prevent placing additional pressure on your shins, knees, and quadriceps.
- As you straighten your left leg, release your right leg and step up on to the bench. Reverse this pattern back to the floor, starting with your left leg. Repeat starting with your right foot on the bench. Continue alternating between left and right for the specified number of repetitions.
Alternative Exercises for Gluteals
* Disclaimer: This blog post is not intended to replace the advice of a medical professional. The above information should not be used to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before making any changes to your diet, sleep methods, daily activity, or fitness routine. Sweat assumes no responsibility for any personal injury or damage sustained by any recommendations, opinions, or advice given in this article.