Dumbbell Step Up
How to: Dumbbell Step Up
Primary Muscles Used:Upper Legs, Glutes, Quads, Hamstrings
- Start by placing the bench horizontally in front of you. Holding one dumbbell in each hand, plant both feet on the floor slightly further than shoulder width apart.
- Firmly plant your ENTIRE left foot on the bench making sure your knees are not more forward than your toes.
- Push through your left heel to extend your left leg. Avoid pushing through your toes to prevent placing additional pressure on your shins, knees, and quadriceps.
- As you straighten your left leg, release your right leg and step up on to the bench. Reverse this pattern back to the floor, starting with your left leg. Repeat starting with your right foot on the bench. Continue alternating between left and right for the specified number of repetitions.
Alternative Exercises for Gluteals
* Results may vary. Strict adherence to the nutrition and exercise guide are required for best results.