Dumbbell Squat to Shoulder Press
How to: Dumbbell Squat to Shoulder Press
Primary Muscles Used:Upper Legs, Glutes, Shoulders, Arms, Quads, Anterior Deltoid, Gluteals, Hamstrings, Lateral Deltoid, Triceps
- Holding a dumbbell in each hand, plant both feet on the floor hip-width apart. Bend your elbows to hold the dumbbells at shoulder height. Gently draw your pubic bone to your belly button (engage pelvic floor). This is your starting position.
- Inhale. Looking straight ahead, bend at both the hips and knees, ensuring that your knees remain in line with your toes. Continue bending your knees until your upper legs are parallel with the floor. Ensure that your back remains between a 45- to 90-degree angle to your hips.
- Exhale. Push through your heels and extend your legs to return to the starting position. At the same time, extend your elbows to press the dumbbells above your head, ensuring that your arms are in line with your ears.
- Inhale. Bend your elbows to lower the dumbbells and return to the starting position. Repeat for the specified number of repetitions.
Alternative Exercises for Gluteals
* Disclaimer: This blog post is not intended to replace the advice of a medical professional. The above information should not be used to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before making any changes to your diet, sleep methods, daily activity, or fitness routine. Sweat assumes no responsibility for any personal injury or damage sustained by any recommendations, opinions, or advice given in this article.