Dumbbell Hang Clean
How to: Dumbbell Hang Clean
- Begin standing and hold a dumbbell in each hand in a neutral grip (palms facing towards your body) with arms extended on either side of your body, plant both feet on the floor shoulder-width apart. This is your starting position.
- Inhale and brace your core. Looking straight ahead, bend your knees slightly and hinge forward from your hips, allowing the dumbbells to gently run down the outside of your legs. You should feel tension in your hamstrings (back of your legs). Ensure that you maintain a proud chest and that your head is an extension of your spine.
- As you reach just below your knees, exhale and push through your heels, using your glutes and hamstrings to quickly extend your hips and return to a standing position. At the same time, bend and elevate your elbows and shrug your shoulders to bring the dumbbells in towards your chest. As the dumbbells reach the top, slightly bend your knees and quickly drive your elbows forward to ‘catch’ the dumbbells at shoulder height.
- Inhale as you lower the dumbbells and return to the starting position. Repeat for the specified number of repetitions or time.
Alternative Exercises for Dumbbells
* Results may vary. Strict adherence to the nutrition and exercise guide are required for best results.