Caterpillar Walk & Push-Up
How to: Caterpillar Walk & Push-Up
Primary Muscles Used:Chest, Abs, Pecs, Triceps
- Plant both feet on the floor shoulder-width apart. Looking straight ahead, bend at both the hips and knees, and place your hands on the floor directly in front of your feet. This is your starting position.
- Inhale. Without moving your feet, walk your hands forward until your body is in one straight line from your head to your heels, resting on the balls of your feet. This is called push-up position.
- Bend your elbows and lower your torso towards the floor until your arms form two 90-degree angles, ensuring that you maintain a straight back and stabilise through your abdominals.
- Exhale. Push through your chest and extend your arms to return to push-up position.
- Jump both of your feet forwards in between your hands, ensuring that your feet remain shoulder-width apart, to return to the starting position. Repeat for the specified number of repetitions.
Alternative Exercises for No Equipment
* Disclaimer: This blog post is not intended to replace the advice of a medical professional. The above information should not be used to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before making any changes to your diet, sleep methods, daily activity, or fitness routine. Sweat assumes no responsibility for any personal injury or damage sustained by any recommendations, opinions, or advice given in this article.