Caterpillar Walk & Plank Jack
How to: Caterpillar Walk & Plank Jack
Exercise Families:High Intensity
- Plant both feet on the floor slightly further than shoulder width apart. Gently draw your pubic bone to your belly button (engage pelvic floor). This is your starting position.
- Looking straight ahead, bend at both the hips and knees, and place your hands on the floor directly in front of your feet. Inhale. Without moving your feet, walk both of your hands forwards. Continue walking your hands forwards until you are in push up position with both legs extended behind you, resting on the balls of your feet.
- Exhale. Inhale as you jump both of your feet outwards so that they are slightly wider than your hips, ensuring that your hips remain level.
- Jump both of your feet inwards to return to the push-up position.
- Exhale. Without moving your feet, walk both of your hands back towards your feet. Stand up to return to the starting position. Continue alternating between caterpillar walk and plank jack for the specified number of repetitions. Each caterpillar walk is equivalent to one repetition.
Alternative Exercises for No Equipment
* Results may vary. Strict adherence to the nutrition and exercise guide are required for best results.