Caterpillar Walk & Burpee
How to: Caterpillar Walk & Burpee
Exercise Families:High Intensity
- Plant both feet on the floor slightly further than shoulder width apart. Gently draw your pubic bone to your belly button (engage pelvic floor). This is your starting position.
- Looking straight ahead, bend at both the hips and knees, and place your hands on the floor directly in front of your feet. Inhale. Without moving your feet, walk both of your hands forwards. Continue walking your hands forwards until you are in push up position with both legs extended behind you, resting on the balls of your feet.
- Exhale. Jump both of your feet forwards in just behind your hands, ensuring that your feet remain shoulder-width apart. At the same time, push through your heels to extend your legs and propel yourself into the air. Extend your legs below you and your arms above your head.
- Inhale. Land in the starting position, ensuring that you maintain ‘soft’ knees to prevent injury. Bend at both the hips and knees to place your hands on the mat on either side of your feet, ensuring that your spine remains in a neutral position. Jump both of your feet backwards to return to the push-up position.
- Exhale. Without moving your feet, walk both of your hands back towards your feet. Stand up to return to the starting position. Repeat for the specified number of repetitions or time.
Alternative Exercises for No Equipment
* Disclaimer: This blog post is not intended to replace the advice of a medical professional. The above information should not be used to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before making any changes to your diet, sleep methods, daily activity, or fitness routine. Sweat assumes no responsibility for any personal injury or damage sustained by any recommendations, opinions, or advice given in this article.