Burpee Box Jump
How to: Burpee Box Jump
Equipment:Plyometric Soft Box
- Plant both feet on the mat shoulder-width apart with a plyometric box in front of you. This is your starting position.
- Exhale. Bend at both the hips and knees to place your hands on the mat on either side of your feet, ensuring that your spine remains in a neutral position.
- Inhale. Jump both of your feet backwards so that your legs are completely extended behind you, resting on the balls of your feet. Your body should be in one straight line from your head to your heels. This is call the push-up position.
- Exhale. Jump both of your feet forwards in between your hands, once again, ensuring that your feet remain shoulder-width apart.
- Inhale. Push through your heels and extend your legs slightly so that your upper legs are parallel with the floor. Ensure that your back remains within a 45- to 90-degree angle to your hips.
- Exhale. Propel your body upwards and forwards, drawing your knees into your chest, to land in squat position on top of the box. Ensure that you maintain ‘soft’ knees to prevent injury.
- Inhale. Step back off the box and return to the starting position. Repeat for the specified number of repetitions.
Alternative Exercises for Legs
* Results may vary. Strict adherence to the nutrition and exercise guide are required for best results.