Alternating Side Bends
How to: Alternating Side Bends
- Plant both feet on the floor shoulder-width apart and allow your hands to rest by your sides. This is your starting position.
- Inhale. Stretching your right obliques, lower your left hand down your left leg and draw your ribs towards your left hip.
- Exhale. Contract your right obliques to straighten your torso to return to the starting position.
- Inhale. Stretching your left obliques, lower your right hand down your right leg and draw your ribs towards your right hip.
- Exhale. Contract your left obliques to straighten your torso to return to the starting position. Continue alternating between left and right for the specified number of repetitions.
Alternative Exercises for No Equipment
* Disclaimer: This blog post is not intended to replace the advice of a medical professional. The above information should not be used to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before making any changes to your diet, sleep methods, daily activity, or fitness routine. Sweat assumes no responsibility for any personal injury or damage sustained by any recommendations, opinions, or advice given in this article.