Standing Alternating Dumbbell Press
How to: Standing Alternating Dumbbell Press
Primary Muscles Used:Shoulders, Arms, Anterior Deltoid, Lateral Deltoid, Triceps
Exercise Families:Vertical Push
- Holding a dumbbell in each hand, plant both feet on the floor hip-width apart. Extend both arms overhead, holding the dumbbells in an overhand grip (palms facing away from your body). This is your starting position.
- Inhale. Without moving your left arm, bend your right elbow to lower the dumbbell down to chin height.
- Exhale. Using the muscles in your shoulder and arm, extend your right elbow to return to the starting position. Avoid “shrugging” by drawing your shoulder blades down and back.
- Inhale. Without moving your right arm, bend your left elbow to lower the dumbbell down to chin height.
- Exhale. Using the muscles in your shoulder and arm, extend your left elbow to return to the starting position. Once again, avoid “shrugging” by drawing your shoulder blades down and back. Continue alternating between right and left for the specified number of repetitions.
Alternative Exercises for Shoulders
* Disclaimer: This blog post is not intended to replace the advice of a medical professional. The above information should not be used to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before making any changes to your diet, sleep methods, daily activity, or fitness routine. Sweat assumes no responsibility for any personal injury or damage sustained by any recommendations, opinions, or advice given in this article.