Alternating Bent-Leg Raise
How to: Alternating Bent-Leg Raise
Primary Muscles Used:Abs, Rectus Abdominis
Exercise Families:Trunk Flexion
Equipment:Chin Up Bar
- Standing on a bench, hold onto the chin-up bar with an overhand grip (palms facing away from your body), hands shoulder-width apart. Step off the bench and extend your arms so that you are hanging from the chin-up bar. This is your starting position.
- Inhale. Exhale. Bend your left knee and, using your abdominals, bring it in towards your chest.
- Inhale. Extend your left knee to return to the starting position.
- Exhale. Bend your right knee and, using your abdominals, bring it in towards your chest.
- Inhale. Extend your right knee to return to the starting position. Continue alternating between left and right for the specified number of repetitions, ensuring that you keep your abdominals engaged to prevent your body from swaying.
Alternative Exercises for Chin Up Bar
* Results may vary. Strict adherence to the nutrition and exercise guide are required for best results.