Super Bowl Sunday — Rainbow Salsa Recipe
It’s almost Super Bowl time! Even for those ladies who may not be all that interested in the sport, it’s still a great opportunity to catch up with friends. While many get-togethers mean an excuse to snack, keep in mind they don’t have to be of the less-than-healthy kind. If you’re trying to create new healthy habits, healthy snacks are perfect to serve during a get-together.
This healthy and delicious Rainbow Salsa Recipe is sure to have your friends cheering! Try it for yourself.
Ingredients (makes approx. 6 cups):
1 large corn cob, husk and silk removed
2 tsp olive oil
sea salt and ground black pepper, to taste
10-15 cherry tomatoes, roughly chopped
1 medium red capsicum, deseeded and diced
1 medium yellow capsicum, deseeded and diced
1 fresh green long chilli, deseeded and diced
1-2 spring onions, sliced
150g tinned black beans, drained and rinsed
½ small red onion, diced
1 tsp cumin
1 large handful fresh coriander, chopped
juice of 1 lime
Corn chips, to serve
1. Heat a barbecue grill plate or chargrill pan over medium-high heat. Brush the corn with oil and season with salt and pepper, if desired. Grill the corn for 10-12 minutes, until tender and slightly charred, turning with tongs occasionally. Set aside to cool slightly.
2. Transfer the corn to a clean work surface and slice the corn from the cob. Place the corn kernels in a large mixing bowl.
3. Add the tomatoes, red and yellow capsicum, chilli, spring onions, black beans, onion, cumin and coriander to the mixing bowl with the corn and gently mix until well combined.
4. Drizzle over the lime juice and gently toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Taste and adjust the seasoning, if needed.
5. Place the rainbow salsa in a serving bowl and serve with corn chips on the side.
* Results may vary. Strict adherence to the nutrition and exercise guide are required for best results.