Tofu Scramble Breakfast Tacos
Have you been wanting to try a new vegetarian/vegan dish ? Are you tired of having tofu dishes that are all the same? Then, this savory recipe is for you!
What I like most about this dish is that it's easy and it doesn't require extra tofu prep before cooking. It can also take you out of your tofu and breakfast boredom for good. Plus, its tacos, and who doesn't love tacos, right?!
The golden-y rich hue of the tofu also comes from TUMERIC. This powerful seasoning helps reduce inflammation in the body. So much that many use it as a natural painkiller. The orange-yellow color also makes tumeric take on antioxidant properties to protect your cells from free radical damage. So this taco recipe is tasty, powerful,and anti-inflammatory. Aren't you guys lucky? ;)
Plus its sooo full of fresh vegetables! I try to pack up most of my meals with as many vegetables.
My other secret ingredient in this recipe is nutritional yeast. What is it? It is also a yellow powder used to provde many vegan or dairy-free foods a chessy and umami taste. Nutritional yeast, also provides B12 vitamins which is major nutrient for nerve and brain function, as well as energy. I love adding this to any kind of dish that needs a savory kick, or foods like pastas, tacos, and other dishes where cheese is asked for.
Tofu Scramble Breakfast Tacos
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1 medium carrot, cut into coins
- 1 medium zuchinni, decided
- 1 orange bell pepper
- 1 block of tofu
- 1 tbsp of tumeric
- 1/2 tbsp cumin
- 1/2 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tbsp garlic
- pepper, to taste
- salt, to taste
- 3-6 corn tortillas (depends on if you're sharing!)
- Add in all your veggies into your medium heat, lightly greased cooking pan. Stir them up in pan so that they all get mixed in with cooking oil. Allow them to cook for 5 mins.
- Take your tofu block and begin crumbling into the pan with the cooked veggies. Mix in with cooked veggies and allow to cook for another 5 mins Cooking tip: Pretend you are crumbling the tofu just like feta cheese!
- Meanwhile, turn on a separate skillet to start heating up your corn tortillas. Add tortillas to skillet, and flip to other side when starting to brown over or pouf up. If you don't want to use a skillet, you can also place 3-6 tortillas you want on a large plate, and microwave for 10-15 secs.
- Add in your seasonings! When adding in the tumeric, make sure to also give the mixture a good stir to get it ALL yellow. if you want it to have a richer yellow color, feel free to add a little more.
- Once everything is coated in yellow and soft, turn off skillet (s). Add add tofu mixture into the corn tortilla. Feel free to add salt, and pepper to taste, and any other special seasonings or salsa you want to add!
Hope you guys make it this weekend for a quick brunch idea!
What other ways do you guys like to have tofu? Have you ever tried it this way?