13 Reasons Why I Love Being A Girl
Hey girl heyyyyyyy!!
Today is INTERNATIONAL WOMEN'S DAY and I can't help but think about how far we have come as women and how excited I am to be part of a generation that is making so many POWER moves. We are, in my opinion, coming from a group of powerful women that just didn't have the same opportunities as we do now. I think we're all very aware of this and I have no doubt I speak for all of us when I say ‘Thank you’ to the women who paved the way for today.
I think a lot of us today are motivated by the idea that we CAN create our own businesses, become our own boss and run our lives the way WE want to thanks to the efforts of the women before us.
SO, I thought about writing about all of that but as I sit here, post facial, with my girlfriend, and my tuna roll, I can't help but just be thankful for the simple fact that I AM A WOMAN.
I am obsessed with the fact that we can have girls days, drink wine together at night and just laugh and talk about our favorite shows, latest crushes, recent heart breaks and future career goals.
It's a type of sisterhood that only WE will ever understand and I LOVE that. So, instead of diving into the progression from the past to now, I sat down with my girls and we brainstormed 13 reasons why we LOVE being a girl!
- You can be SUUUUUPER excited about nothing (Omg that pepper shaker is beautifullllllllllll!!!!!!)
- You equally share a secret obsession with french fries (I'm on a diet but I ran to my car today soooo wanna get french fries and split them?)
- We can bond over the fact that we all went through that awkward middle school phase.
- Having a suitcase as a purse is totally normal. (Yes i need my deodorant, extra pair of sandals, social security card, floss, pilates socks, and snacks in my purse at all times).
- Openly being able to talk about your period, back aches and chocolate.
- No matter what they did, they’re 's wrong. Period.
- You can give your girlfriend the 'big eye look', and they know you need something, ASAP.
- Wearing yoga pants all day is perfectly fine.
- You can tag your best friend in 17 memes by noon.
- Being bloated is a good enough reason to stay home. (Seriously though, like I can't move).
- Spending an hour looking at puppies and adorable animals is basically a hobby.
- You can send your girls 8 different pictures of you in a dressing room and they'll gladly help you pick an outfit. (Number one makes your butt look good but number 3 is more ideal after you get bloated so, 3.)
- Collectively coming up with a text back.
Haha, we're dying just writing these. There's 1000 more that I would love to jot down BUT I want to hear from you!! Let us know what some of your favorite reasons are for being a girl in the comments below! Or let me know which one out of the thirteen that you relate to the most!
Can't wait to hear from you! Also - feel free to reach out to me and let me know your favs on my Instagram @chelseyrosehealth!