World's Greatest Stretch
How to: World's Greatest Stretch
- With your hands on your hips, plant both feet on a yoga mat hip-width apart. This is your starting position.
- Inhale. Transfer your weight onto your right leg and lift your left leg up, bend your knee and draw it in towards your chest.
- Exhale. Take a big step forward with your left foot to move into a long lunge with your right leg extended and heel elevated, ensuring that your left knee remains stacked over your ankle.
- Inhale. Place both hands on the floor on the inside of your left foot and hold the stretch for three to five seconds, breathing deeply throughout.
- Exhale. Keeping your right leg extended and right heel elevated, release your left hand and extend your arm upwards. Lengthen your spine and rotate your torso towards your left knee, turning your eyes towards your left hand. Hold this position for the specified amount of time, breathing deeply throughout. Repeat this stretch on the other side.
Alternative Exercises for No Equipment
* Disclaimer: This blog post is not intended to replace the advice of a medical professional. The above information should not be used to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before making any changes to your diet, sleep methods, daily activity, or fitness routine. Sweat assumes no responsibility for any personal injury or damage sustained by any recommendations, opinions, or advice given in this article.