Step-Up & Glute Kickback
How to: Step-Up & Glute Kickback
Primary Muscles Used:Upper Legs, Glutes, Gluteals, Quads, Hamstrings
- Place a step horizontally in front of you. Plant both feet on the floor hip-width apart. This is your starting position.
- Firmly plant your right foot firmly on the step, ensuring that your knee is not further forward than your toes. Push through your right heel to extend your leg. Avoid pushing through your toes to prevent placing additional pressure on your shins, knees, and quadriceps. As you extend your right leg, release your left foot and step up onto the step.
- Release your right foot off the step and kick your heel back behind you, ensuring that your leg remains straight and your toes remain flexed and facing forwards. Draw your right leg forwards and place it back on the step.
- Release your left foot and step backwards onto the mat, followed by your right foot, to return to the starting position. Complete half of the specified number of repetitions on the same side before completing the remaining repetitions on the other side.
Alternative Exercises for Step
* Results may vary. Strict adherence to the nutrition and exercise guide are required for best results.