How to: Step Jump
Primary Muscles Used:Upper Legs, Glutes, Gluteals, Quads, Hamstrings
- Place a step horizontally in front of you. Plant both feet on the floor, hip-width apart. This is your starting position.
- Inhale. Looking straight ahead, bend at both the hips and knees, ensuring that your knees remain in line with your toes. Continue bending your knees until your upper legs are parallel with the floor. Ensure that your back remains within a 45- to 90-degree angle to your hips.
- Exhale. Propel yourself upwards and forwards to land in squat position on top of the step, ensuring that you maintain ‘soft’ knees to prevent injury. Extend your knees to straighten both legs.
- Inhale. Carefully step backwards off the bench to return to the starting position. Repeat for the specified number of repetitions.
Alternative Exercises for Step
* Results may vary. Strict adherence to the nutrition and exercise guide are required for best results.