How to: Glute Kickback
Primary Muscles Used:Glutes, Gluteals, Hamstrings
Exercise Families:Hip Extension
- Plant both feet on the floor hip-width apart. This is your starting position.
- Inhale. Exhale. Release your right foot off the mat and kick your heel back behind you, ensuring that your leg remains straight and your foot remains flexed and facing forwards.
- Inhale. Lower your right foot to return to the starting position.
- Complete half of the specified number of repetitions on the same side before completing the remaining repetitions on the other side.
Alternative Exercises for No Equipment
* Disclaimer: This blog post is not intended to replace the advice of a medical professional. The above information should not be used to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before making any changes to your diet, sleep methods, daily activity, or fitness routine. Sweat assumes no responsibility for any personal injury or damage sustained by any recommendations, opinions, or advice given in this article.