Sprawl & Overhead Punches (10:1)
How to: Sprawl & Overhead Punches (10:1)
Exercise Families:High Intensity
- Hold a dumbbell in each hand, plant both feet on the floor further than shoulder-width apart. This is your starting position.
- Inhale and brace your core. Looking straight ahead, bend at both the hips and knees until your upper legs are parallel with the floor, ensuring that your knees remain in line with your toes and your torso remains as upright as possible. Holding the dumbbells, place them on the mat in front of your feet, ensuring that your spine remains in a neutral position. Jump both of your feet backwards so that your legs are completely extended behind you, resting on the balls of your feet. Your body should be in one straight line from your head to your heels.
- Exhale as you jump both of your feet forwards just behind your hands, ensuring that your feet are shoulder-width apart and that your feet are pointed out slightly. Lift the dumbbells from the mat and elevate your torso slightly. Inhale as you return to the starting position.
- Maintaining a neutral grip (palms facing your sides), bend at the elbows to lift both dumbbells up towards your shoulders. Exhale as you ‘punch’ and quickly extend your left arm directly overhead. As the left hand returns to your shoulder, in quick succession, ‘punch’ with your right arm by quickly extending your right arm directly overhead. Continue this left-right punching sequence for 10 total punches before returning to the starting position. You should maintain a strong core throughout the entire striking sequence. Repeat the sequence for the specified repetitions or time.
Alternative Exercises for No Equipment
* Disclaimer: This blog post is not intended to replace the advice of a medical professional. The above information should not be used to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before making any changes to your diet, sleep methods, daily activity, or fitness routine. Sweat assumes no responsibility for any personal injury or damage sustained by any recommendations, opinions, or advice given in this article.